Today we are beginning something we have wanted to do for some time here at Glory Community. THANK YOU THURSDAY! Each week, we will highlight someone who is associated with the life and work of Glory Community that we want to publicly thank for their contribution to our mission and work.
There is absolutely no better place to start than with one of our Founders, Sandy Hembd! Glory Community is the outgrowth of a vision of Jim and Sandy Hembd and you can read more about the vision and how it came to be in the “Our History” dropdown on the “About Us” tab of our webpage.
But more than just having a vision, getting Glory Community to where we are today has taken years of hard work. Sandy has been uniquely responsible for more than most anyone can imagine. Here is just a very partial listing of the things that Sandy has done and continues to do!
- All of the research that was required to start an assisted living facility for adults with developmental disabilities.
- Calls for information gathering, to potential families, and donors.
- Speaking to groups of all kinds all over the state of Colorado and beyond.
- Writing thank you notes.
- Giving tours to potential residents and their families.
- Creation of files for everything that is related to the organization and for each resident and potential resident.
- Creation of all PR materials including our logo and the marketing of Glory Community.
- Responsibility for all fundraising activities. To say nothing of the work that goes into the yearly Gala alone.
- Responsible for the coordination of all volunteers.
- Secretary for the Board of Directors.
Are you tired yet?
Sandy has been doing these things and many many more for over 15 years! Why? Because she loves her sons Mike and Mark and more than that, she loves Jesus and she has responded to the call to serve. Sandy does all “for the Glory of God.” Won’t you join me on this THANK YOU THURSDAY in thanking Sandy Hembd for all she continues to do for Glory Community?