The need for living options for adults with developmental disabilities is great and growing. In the United States, over one million individuals live with parents or caregivers over the age of 60. Colorado has twelve thousand individuals living with aging parents and currently ranks 47th in the nation on monies spent for services for people with developmental disabilities. Given the staggering waitlist for immediate residential services, Glory Community is dedicated to providing a viable solution for 40 adults, offering a faith-based environment for families seeking a safe and caring residential community where their child can thrive.
This residential community is centered on lifelong opportunities for vocational, social, emotional and spiritual growth. It is our goal to help our residents reach their highest God-given potential, guided by Christian principles and values. Glory Community will help our residents to develop their strengths, their self- confidence and independence, thus creating a full and balanced life. We believe God has created each individual on purpose and for a purpose.
The future for Glory Community includes developing a business enterprise off campus to not only employ the residents, but to also put the profits from the business into the overall operating budget, thus maintaining a reasonable tuition for the families.
- To glorify God by establishing this family-style community to assist individuals with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
- To establish a secure and lifelong environment for adults with developmental disabilities, providing for vocational, social, emotional and spiritual growth in an educational, residential and entrepreneurial setting.
- Develop a missions relationship with area churches to provide spiritual growth for the residents, to volunteer and to provide financial support.
- Provide year-round stimulating activities program.
- Design the community to model the free enterprise system without relying on government funding. Glory Community will rely on revenue from the business enterprise, resident fees and contributions (individual, corporate, organizational and grants).